This Toolkit section is a collection of original and revised resources for developing, delivering, and evaluating training on content area topics and skills for Head Start professionals. Training coordinators, curriculum developers, and trainers can all use the Toolkit in preparing and presenting HS University's Official Curriculum (HSOC) training. The materials you use from here will help you educate staff professionals on topics such as ERSEA, Family Engagement, Health, and Disabilities services.
The Toolkit is divided into seven primary sections. The first six sections cover the necessary steps in creating an HSOC program training event:
- Coordination: Tools such as sign-in sheets, agendas, checklists for planning training, and clinical preceptorship forms.
- Needs Assessment: Resources to help identify the training needs of your target participants.
- Design: Tools for planning a training curriculum and determining training content.
- Development: Tools for creating training exercising, handouts, and exercises.
- Delivery: Helpful information on conducting a successful training.
- Evaluation: Resources for evaluating training and assessing participant learning.